Wednesday, December 3, 2014

First Post! What is 70 Before 30??

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by my blog.. Let me give you a quick glimpse into my life and what this blog is all about. 
A little about me, I am 29 ON A MISSION to get healthy! I have worked really really reaaaaaaaahlllly hard on my career in the mental health field helping others and along the way lost myself and my health.
My history: I've always been a big kid and have heard it all - "Big boned" "Baby Fat" "Pudge" "Amazon" "Such a pretty face"... the list goes on. I can't remember a time that I wasn't comparing my size to others around me and noticing obvious differences. Despite being a super sensitive kid, I eventually grew a thick skin to these unsolicited comments and attempted to be comfortable in my own skin.  My first kick in the teeth regarding my weight came from my morbidly obese creepy physician. During my 6th grade physical, he handed me a note and told me to show it to my Mom. Being a nosey, parentified 12 year old I snuck a peak at the folded paper that informed me i was 5ft6in, 196lb and considered obese. I was devasted. It was bad enough that I was a head taller than everyone in my class and mistaken for substitute teachers, but now I was LABELED, and truly believed there was something wrong with me. I maintained my weight up into high school and was a varsity athlete and star pupil. Still hated my body ... heres me my senior year
  Next came college, terrible eating habits and unlimited cafe visits. Luckily we pretty much walked everywhere so my weight didn't go too crazy. I was in the 230s and still learning to appreciate my body. Then my health crashed in my sophomore year, I was exhausted constantly, couldn't keep any food down, and my body was retaining water so severally that I couldn't fit my feet in my shoes nor my rings on my fingers. Mom dragged me home to go to our family physician who told me that I was overweight (yes thank you) and accused me of drinking and drug use. Neither were the case and my Mom insisted on a blood test. My thyroid was grossly underproducing and my levels were quite low. The doctor called and apologized for her behavior but it didn't really matter the damage was done. My weight maintained through college, I joined a popular sorority and graduated with two Bachelors degrees. 
I actually liked my body at this time but soon started working in the field, second shift, eating terrible food and on a tiny tiny paycheck. Two years after graduating college, I was accepted into graduate school. I was working full-time at a hospital and started masters-level classes. Long story short, I worked just about every hour of the day, pulled all nighters, and stressed to the max. My health reflected this lifestyle and my weight just kept going up and up and up. 


 
Yes I was proud, Yes I was thrilled my 4 years of grad school was over but YIKES did it take its toll. My health and weight paid its price. I wasn't quite ready to see it and figured that I would bounce back. I didn't.  I accepted a job with extensive travel and exhaustive hours and just kept on not caring about my body. I let so much go in that time frame and it took until a beach trip with my closest girl friends and the pictures captured that made me stop and take a good, hard, and ugly look. 


 
I am not proud of these pictures, quite the opposite but thats why I'm doing what I'm doing. 
There you have it!
This is my 70 Before 30!!!!!!!!


Right now I am in midst my journey to lose 70 more pounds and get down to my high school weight! So far I have lost 22lbs and countless inches on my quest. Currently I am using cardio, Piyo, 21 Day fix and Shakeology to help me along the way. Here are my Piyo pics from 7/1-9/1 

Ok so thats it! Thats what this is all about! I need support and motivation to shred these unwanted pounds and make 30 my most successful year yet .. with a better bathing suit! 

Please comment and ask any questions below! Thank you for reading <3 K






3 comments:

  1. Great job Kristen!! I am so happy for you and so proud of you! I always saw you as a beautiful, loving, and fun woman. One that beamed with an energy like no other. I can not wait to see you reach your goal weight and watch you continue with your success! The energy you will create will be unstoppable!! Best wishes and I am cheering for you!! I wish you all to success in the world with your health and future with coaching!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go GrandBig!! So inspirational to me, I'm so excited for you to reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog after searching for PiYo results. I am terrified to try PiYo. I have started it and stopped a bunch because I have always felt like it wasn't enough of a workout but back on June 7th, I broke my leg and have now been cleared for yoga and such to start getting back to working out ...so I thought maybe now is the time to give PiYo a real shot.

    Thank you for sharing your story. I see it's been a while since you posted but I hope all has gone well with your journey!

    ReplyDelete